Prepping your meals and snacks in advance means you don't have to think or have time or even two hands to get your meal to your mouth! Meal prepping is a game changer in my fitness success. "Fail to plan, plan to fail" and that's so true, for me at least. If I don't have quick and easy meals and snacks ready I will binge on a bag of tortilla chips in the pantry or run out for fast food. And abs are made in the kitchen y'all. What you eat matters!
I typically meal prep on Sunday. So here are some easy meals and examples of what to prepare.
- Overnight oats
- Protein Pancakes (I make a big batch and store them in the fridge and heat them up in the toaster or microwave.
- Sweet muffins.
- Mini quiches
- Protein smoothie
- Mixed nuts & dried fruit. Not too much fruit, the sugar adds up.
- Banana & peanut butter
- Hard boiled eggs
- Veggies and hummus
- Fruit smoothie
- Lara Bar
- I'm going to say it, the be-dreaded word. Leftovers. This is the easiest and cheapest way to eat! Make an extra batch of whatever at dinner and now you've cooked once and have food for tomorrow.
- Mason Jar Salad
- Three bean salad
- Sandwich on Ezekial Bread
We have a few favorites I like to keep in rotation for both convenience and preference.
- Salmon or Tilapia. We have fish once a week sometimes twice. We love it (and so does Maddox)!
- Lemon, garlic baked chicken. The best way to bake chicken is for 20-25mins at 400. It makes it so juicy!
- Soup/Stew. I love making soup in the crock-pot and smelling it all day! Especially turkey chili!
- Chicken tacos. I use fresh cilantro, white onion, lime and sriracha to top them! #favorite